Friday, June 15, 2007

Weddings

Last week we went to another lovely and very different wedding. My friends Cristina and Vester tied the knot (literally, as they held a Celtic hand-fasting ceremony in the nearby woods). I forgot the sketchbook but I wouldn’t have been able to sketch as I was too busy dancing to the truly great band that was playing at the reception. The band (called The Swanvesta Social Club) who describe themselves as ‘the inauthentic sound of Cuba’ were enormous fun. They are led by Chris Paton who teaches at Flo’s school and Anneliese, his gorgeous glamorous wife who taught Flo, Tom and Hugo at their primary school. It was a bit disconcerting for the children to see their teachers in such different light. What a great band to have for such a celebratory day. I would LOVE to have them play for a family party. You can hear snippets of their music and see them here.



Anyone who might have thought I was exaggerating when I said here, that the wedding we went to last month looked like a Vogue fashion shoot can now see what I meant. We received this gorgeous thankyou card in the post, from Mario and Elena. As it has already been litho-printed, the scan can’t do it full justice but I think you get the idea. The photo was taken by award winning photographer Gavin Hart.

Photo copyright Gavin Hart

1 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

They sound good! Anneliesa Annaconda (Frank) huh?

6/19/2007 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home