Sunday, June 10, 2007

Nene, Northamptonshire

Robin and Hugo were practicing their wildwater canoeing, so I walked around the lake nearby. It’s not a place I’ll happily go back to because despite the fact that it looked quite pretty, the constant noise of traffic from the nearby motorway was unbearable.


Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

A motorway, what, where, can't see it! Our freeways have sculptural little hills, walls, kind of arty, etc. to try and keep the traffic sound away from people. Geelong to Melbourne is a freeway, and we can go to the Melbourne airport without a single traffic light, so it's useful, but I wouldn't like to live close to a freeway.
I really like the second pic.

6/12/2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the wateryness.

6/13/2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Oh colour again, I agree I cant see the motorway but I guess the noise would be frustrating. Lovely water shadows.

6/14/2007 5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a favorite lake spot that was the same way, Julie. I had to go there at dawn if I wanted the sound to match the tranquility of the place--otherwise, I couldn't stand it. What a lovely spot by that water, and somehow you were able to convey the peacefulness that lay underneath that clashing noise.

6/15/2007 1:10 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

It's funny how your feelings of being disturbed by the noise do appear in the paintings--while the scene is tranquil the feeling is one of disturbance instead of serenity. I do like it when feelings come through a painting, not just the image though. I remember a sunflower I painted that I struggled with mightily. I hated it but my dad loved it just because he could see the struggle in it. Of course he was a psychotherapist, so maybe that explains it (and a lot of other stuff too).

6/17/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger pussman said...

thise are so freshly painted, nothing too much. Just as it should. Lovely! Really!!

6/18/2007 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home