Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cap’n Skunkbeard

skunkbeard
After supper Cap’n Skunkbeard ordered me out into the freezing cold of the garden to play at pirates. As Sea Salt Sally I persuaded him that I needed to sort out all the messy green ‘ropes’ on the sides of the ship so that we were prepared for any battles – so that got a bit of weeding done. Then I convinced him that Cap’n Skunkbeard would need a portrait so that his enemies could see what a fierce pirate he is, so he allowed me to retire from deck duties to carry out my other duties as the ship’s artist.

185mm x 270mm pen and watercolour in large sketchbook

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

Aargggh! Great pirate picture!

6/26/2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Cap'n Skunkbeard is a wondrously fierce pirate! It was kind of him to allow you, as ship's artist, to paint this portrait.

6/26/2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

GAFAWF**SNORT almost spilt my coffee on this one!!! This is GREAT! Love your imagination and wiley ways of turning the tables! Won't be long till Cap'n Skunkbeard is on to your tricks, you may be walkin' the plank for it...

6/27/2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Love this one, the whole story and the name!!
Always has to be a ships artist to record things. I had a gigle in my tea.

6/30/2007 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home