Monday, June 04, 2007

Another self-portrait

witch

A brief break in the day to gaze at myself in the mirror. Gazing at myself is not something I do regularly. In fact for many years there were so few mirrors in the house, that when my doctor said that my breast self-examination should include looking at myself undressed in the mirror, I realised the only way that I’d be able to do it would be to stand on tiptoes in the entrance hall, which could enliven the day of my postman or milkman as my front door is glazed!

155mm x 135mm dip-pen on scrap card

4 Comments:

Blogger Kerstin Klein said...

Wonderful sketch. Great!

I had to laugh about the postamn and the mirrors.

The lady who lived in our appartment before us, is almost double my sze (lenghtwise). So I can just see my eyes in the bathroom mirror.
And in case I want to check whether something looks good when I´m wearing it, I have to stand on our bed and then I´ll see about 3/4 of my body in a mirror. :)

6/04/2007 11:07 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Nice self portrait! Our house is similar...I look at my self once in the morning (brushing my hair and teeth) and that's pretty much it. My mom is appalled by that, but oh well.

6/05/2007 4:09 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Interesting self portrait. You are being pretty focused on these family portraits, well done.

6/05/2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

All good practice - I've just put a mirror in my studio to do self portraits a bit more often - don't know if I'll blog them though.

6/06/2007 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home