Thursday, May 10, 2007

The stickywhacker


The last few evenings when I’ve put Xavier to bed, he’s added something new to the bed time ritual. After changing and using the bathroom we read a story on my big bed. Then we go to his room and I tuck him up and sing him ‘Rock a bye baby’, ‘Twinkle, twinkle little star’, ‘One, two, three, four, five, once I caught a fish alive’ and finally ‘Golden slumbers’. No deviation is permitted from this strict routine. However, now, as I leave, Xavier insists on giving me a tiny invisible present of some kind that I have to carefully cup in my hands and take away with me. The night before last it was three diamonds covered in long golden hair, last night the same sans the hair, and tonight a very special present that I have to share with Robin. Click on the picture to see a bigger version of the picture and read Xavier’s explanation of a stickywhacker.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Stickywhacker seems a complex entity to be living in a little boy's world and I think I would want to cup it in my hands VERY carefully, Julie, especially if I thought I heard any lion noises.
Annie

5/11/2007 2:43 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

What absolutely precious gifts but I love the sound of a sticky whacker, where did he think that one up?
I do remember reading every night for 3 weeks to one grand child 'Timothy Tigers Terrible toothache' nearly drove me insane.

5/12/2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

He'll be wanting to marry you next :)

5/14/2007 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home