Sunday, May 20, 2007

Robin reluctantly giving me a ten minute pose

robinquickie
This afternoon I went canoeing with Robin and Xavier. Robin did all the work carrying the canoe when we came to the locks in the canal, but then as I’d never choose canoeing as my ideal date, and as he has one of those sporty/masochist streaks in him, it was fine. He was also very sweet offering rides to children walking along the side. It did make me giggle, the nervous urban orthodox Jewish dad out for a day in the country, constantly chiding his four children to keep away from the edge of the canal. However as soon as a perfect stranger offers a ride in a canoe to his children, he is delighted to let them climb into the wobbly boat and set off leaving him happily waving on the bank. After supper Robin reluctantly sort of sat still for me. I must remember not to do what I did with the Hugo drawing (blithely spraying spray mount all over the surface, rather than fixative).
190mm x 205mm pencil in large sketchbook

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Arnt you the lucky one.
Sounds like a lovely day but my he is good looking!

5/21/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Well passing on your comments brightened up his day, though the children call this portrait 'Daddy as the Hulk'

5/23/2007 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home