Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My next challenge

rainovertrack
For those of you who followed my one mile from home blog, you’ll be glad to know that apart from when ill, I’ve kept up with daily walking and/or tandem cycling and fully intend to do so. Today I took my art materials with me as I’ve found that without the daily art challenge, I have felt slightly at a loss. So despite the fact that I have a lot of work on I am going to launch my next year-long art challenge.

This is probably going to be the last year that all of the members of our family will be living in the same house, as my eldest child Flo, will probably be off to university in September 2008. So, every day for the next year – while I still have the chance – I am going to celebrate our family by creating ‘portraits’ of each member of the family. I intend to interpret the brief very, very loosely and may sometimes create pieces that take longer than a day. However, you can expect about seven posts a week.

I’m in the process of starting up a blog for my new project, but I’ve decided that all the chat is going to happen on this blog. Last year I found it a bit complicated writing for two blogs, so all the portrait posts will be copied onto this blog, so that any associated stories and comments can all happen here.

165mm x 245mm watercolour on Arches CP

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, Julie. Hurray.
Annie

5/17/2007 12:42 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

What a great idea for a new project. I'm keeping up with my cycling/walking too, but doing most of my current sketching in my studio. I'm also busy making models for the art on the move project - I'll take some photos soon. I'm sorry you missed the race - another time.

5/18/2007 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home