Monday, February 26, 2007

Playing with the Intuous 3 Wacom tablet

treesonwacom
I knocked this little picture out in a few minutes last night before going to bed, as I was desperate to play with my new toy, sorry if the tax man is reading that should say ‘my new boring, but essential, piece of design studio equipment’. Anyone who read my earlier post about how to spend a couple of hundred pounds might like to know that I still have a few grey hairs and the carpets are much the same as ever. The difference between this and my cheaper little Graphire tablet is phenomenal – really much, much better.

5 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

So you can actually draw with a pen/something on a tablet and that can be manipulated later? Wow! I cannot draw properly with just a mouse so give up on Paint etc. I use Picasa and Photoedit to muck about, crop, alter a bit. There are free programs but when you download them they might fill up all my alloted space.
w.

2/26/2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Great start!!
I have been using the tablet and Corel Painter for the last year or so.
Just changed my laptop and got Vista...And now I am having a headache with a jittery pen! Argh...

2/27/2007 10:08 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wendy ther are some kinds of software that are much more natural to use if you have a tablet.
Cream, when they're good they're very very good aren't they. I transferred my cheap little one to a laptop we have, but it works really badly on that - much worse than it was on my main computer.

2/27/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger laserone_ said...

Oh I love this! I JUST got a graphire tablet, (my first tablet) and need to make time to play w/ it. What drawing program do you use?

3/11/2007 7:38 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

apugslife, I use photoshop, corel painter and illustrator. I've also used Artrage (which is free to download). I've produced lots of professional work with my graphire over the past four years, but I just felt I was ready to move on to one that was a it better.

3/11/2007 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home