Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Donna

donna
All of the life models I’ve drawn have been interesting and beautiful, but this was the first time that I’d been given the opportunity to draw a young woman with the conventionally flawless figure of a fashion model. All that perfection rather flummoxed me and so more than half of my output was fairly dire – however I did quite like this ten minute sketch.

200mm x 290mm watercolour on Winsor and Newton watercolour paper. (Yes Katherine, I took your advice)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is a great sketch- I like how you've used just one color for it- it's striking.

2/15/2007 4:04 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I like this water colour approach, it works well.

2/15/2007 5:51 AM  
Blogger Robin Oakley said...

Flawless you say - so why was she out working and not romantically entwined? A question for all you artists too. 'twas valentines night...

2/15/2007 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home