Saturday, January 06, 2007

Last night’s sketching of Robin and Tom

robintom
robinthumb
Crackskull Bob has said that he’s finding it difficult to ‘keep feeding the insistent maw of blogdom’. For some reason I can’t comment on his blog, but I attempted to recommend that he should just post hugely enlarged bits of old drawings. I find that when I save my hi-res pictures for web and a tiny bit of the picture fills my screen (before I re-size it) I invariably much prefer the randomly cropped enlargement.

Upper drawing 200mm x 145mm. Cropped drawing 50mm x 50mm

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a handsome man! Great drawing.

1/06/2007 5:18 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I do like the drawings and he must be worth the 200 pounds (no pound sign on this computer!!)

1/08/2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger Thomas Gada said...

I don't know if there is anything better than quick sketches like this. Especially yours. Outstanding.

1/08/2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

What a great sketch! Love the way you can turn scribbly lines into hair! Absolutely amazes me!!
BTW, my vote is to go with the lighter shade of your natural hair color and do it yourself. If it is a disaster, then spend the 200 pounds for a pro job. One thing to remember, if you have it highlighted professionally, you only have to have touch ups every 3 months which is 67 pounds per month. (This is what I do, but in the US it's only $70 a treatment)

1/10/2007 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see what you mean about liking to do this, Julie--yours is fun, with the hi-res! I like to focus like that, too, as you mentioned on my Flickr album, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25146557@N00/328410914/

1/11/2007 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home