Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Xavier running


Pencil and muddytints in small watercolour moleskine


Anonymous rachel said...

With this one an the Na poo leon pic you have really captured him.

Still giggling about my "angel" nephew.

11/15/2006 2:19 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I used some photo reference for this one - not something I often do but it can be very helpful for sorting out what the proportions and shapes of a person's face really are – especially as none of the family will actually stay still when I try to draw them from life.

11/16/2006 9:59 AM  
Anonymous wagonized said...

Beautiful blog! I am finding you through Hashi and am impressed by your drawings and illustrations!

11/16/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Shirl said...

Just found you Julie - what a refreshing change to view pictures for their worth rather than words. Lovely blog - I'll be back.

11/16/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

This is great Julie - I'd love to see this worked up into a 'big picture'

11/18/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Hello Shirl. Glad you like the blog. There are some great mainly pictures blogs in my links.
Katherine, I wish I could devote the time to some bigger pieces - but I'm grateful to be able to squeeze in what I can around paid work and motherhood. In a couple of years - maybe.

11/19/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

This drawing of Xavier is priceles. I don't know how you do it! :-)

11/21/2006 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home