Monday, November 20, 2006

Joint art

chickenpox
How do you entertain a stir crazy child who can’t be sent to nursery? Well there’s ‘I’ll draw the face and you draw the chickenpox’ but that only takes up five minutes. I tried a long muddy walk as you can’t spread the lurgy that way and I thought it might wear him out. Well I’m worn out but he’s still full of beans at the moment busy being the ‘cushion monster’ (you unzip the settee cushions, place them over your head and arms and growl menacingly).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always used to think that my boys should have given me fair warning before they became 'ill'. It takes such energy!

11/20/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Hashi said...

Check out the kiddley blog for some ideas.

11/20/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I hope you don't get it Julie! My three children had it when they were little (baby only months old!) shortly followed by their mum. And I definitely suffered more than they did!

11/20/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Absolutely Shirl - and I have 'real work' deadlines as well - aaagh
Thanks Hashi for the link - very useful
Thank God I've had it Liz and so has everyone else in the family, so no worries there.

11/20/2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home