Monday, September 18, 2006

Forget Starbucks and Costa

This is where you get the best cup of coffee in St Albans. He made notes in the book – I often think that St Albans is heaving with book reviewers because you can always find ‘not for resale’ review copies of books in the charity shops.


Anonymous Renate said...

Amazing, how much you captured with just a few strokes. Great!

9/18/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Terry Banderas said...

Not only are you good at watercolors you are equally as good with the pen. I enjoy all of your work.

9/18/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Renate and Terry you're very kind

9/19/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

When you draw someone at a coffee shop, do they notice? Do other people come and say, 'How clever you are!' I was at the Melbourne airport the other evening and was drawing people, and someone was practically peering over my shoulder.
St Albans! Who is he/she? And is it a suburb or a village? We have a St Albans in Melbourne and another in Geelong - only 2 k from us. It was a horse stud at first, even the famous racehorse Pharlap was there many years ago. Now it is a developing suburb - attached to a low cost housing suburb Whittington, so people are a bit edgy about which name they call home.

9/21/2006 7:12 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wendy, when I'm drawing strangers I try to keep it low key, as I can never be sure that my 'victim' will be pleased. So I tend to use a very small sketchbook when I do this. Occasionally people do look and comment. St Albans is the nearby town - our village almost joins the edge of it.

9/21/2006 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home