Friday, August 25, 2006

Marissa


After our meal we went shopping for a snorkel (or as Xavier would say ‘a snork’). I tried to draw the children playing in the square. This delightful little girl (who was on holiday from Athens) was fascinated with what I was doing, so I abandoned my drawing (which was going nowhere fast) and asked through international sign language whether she would like to pose. She was so sweet – so thrilled to be drawn. This only took a few minutes but she was so excited with the picture that I indicated that if she could write down her name and address I would scan and post her a print of the picture. Marissa was only nine and bearing in mind that there is a different alphabet in Greece this turned out to be quite complex. We walked around, trying to find Marissa’s mother to get her address. Eventually we found her and I have the address in the back of my sketchbook, so a print will be winging its way to Greece tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's a real beauty! It must be nice to be appreciated as an artist. Your kids are probably blase about it all.

9/09/2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

What wonderful records of your holiday, I can imagine being with you.

9/09/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Rachel she was lovely, but her personality was even more lovely than her looks.
Penny, so good to have here in spirit.

9/12/2006 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home