Sunday, August 13, 2006

Job applications – be true to yourself

romansoldiers
I swear to God this was a real speculative job application

“…I am affluent in Photoshop which I use as the basis of most of my design work, but I am also trained in Quark Xpress…

Working for a company that strives towards providing the dynamic services and marketing research for major retailers, and helping to inject different views and opinions into an already ever-changing environment, would truly encourage me as a designer, to really help demonstrate how important these aspects are in today's multicultural society. If given the chance with my unusual and striking design ideas I think I could convey them in a way which would inspire others to jump on board. ”

Which wouldn’t matter too much, if the applicant surrounded by her boxes of Photoshop software, had included samples of good quality relevant design work, but this was all I had to go on. Oh well, ten out of ten for spelling.

This has nothing to do with the picture – which was where I went with Xavier this afternoon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing. It sounds like she's struggling mightily to learn English. She'd be better off, probably, working for a firm in whatever her native language is. I sure like your Romans, though

8/13/2006 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last sentence makes absolutely no sense. Lynne Truss would have something to say about her punctuation. There's a business opportunity her for Paradigm Training!

8/14/2006 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she "affluent" of "effluent" in photoshop?

8/14/2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger - Christopher said...

I like this one a lot.
I wish you could post larger versions to see the details.

Best wishes,

-Christopher
www.christopherdesantis.com

8/14/2006 11:08 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Karen, sadly the cv indicated she was a native of the UK. The Roman soldiers are a bunch of enthusiasts who give a demonstration and talk most Sundays at the Verulamium museum wearing museum quality reproduction costumes.
Christopher I'll try to post a larger one on Flickr.

8/15/2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I doubt she'll ever be affluent with Photoshop unless she does a better job on her applications! Great Romans!

9/06/2006 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home