Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Half a litre of wine later

astrousdinner
This is what happens when you try to draw your children after an enjoyable evening. Your daughter ends up looking like Princess Fiona (Mrs Shrek), one son has a developed a club hand (if there is such a thing) and I don’t know who that is to the left hand side – I think another son. Never mind it still reminds me of a lovely evening – sitting outside looking over the now becalmed harbour enjoying a meal with all the family, late at night, tiny Greek children whooping it up, running around and thoroughly enjoying their holidays.
Later on the older kids babysat Xavier so Robin and I were able to enjoy a rare half an hour alone to drink coffee and my favourite holiday tipple, Amaretto.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I love the drawing, and wouldn't have noticed the club-hand if you hadn't pointed it out. I haven't tried drawing after drinking, though I know a lot of artists who swear a little (or a lot) of wine improves their work.

9/06/2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

This is Great!!! Love your descriptions of your drawings of your children *grin*. Still a wonderful way to immortalize an evening!

9/06/2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home