Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Card from my brother


I received a wonderful thank you from my brother this morning which I will always treasure – and wasn’t his choice of card inspired? For more very funny card designs visit
Cath Tate Cards.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
just wanted to say how nice to bump into you and the children the other day and sorry I didn't have time to chat.
Andreia told me your mother passed away so I would like to say sorry to hear that and to reassure you that I dought very much that you will end up like her.
I hope you are all fine and once the summer is over and we get into some kind of routine again, I will pop by for a cup of tea.
Take care, big hug

8/08/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Oh dear, do we really mimic our Mums? I have tried to subvert many of my mother's expectations by dressing down, being untidy, being a casual cook, going to protests, voting Green. We did come to a kind of resolution before she died though. I think she, at last, accepted my individual stance and values on many things.
Yet, now I find that I am still like her in mannerisms, a tendency to exaggerate, to gossip, to be unkind at times!
It seems like you are coping very well through the process of a funeral and its aftermath.

8/08/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks for visiting, it'll be lovely to catch up after the hols.
Wendy thank you - I think resolution was probably impossible with my mother, but I have such a wonderful family and siblings, that I am sure with time, we will eventually feel some peace.

8/08/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Rrramone said...

heh heh heh.

I like your brother already.

8/08/2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Yes rramone - he's great!

8/09/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

I haven't visited this blog for a while but I love the family sketches. Those are the most precious aren't they? This card scares me!

8/18/2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Felicity, the family sketches - however bad, are what matters, for the memories they give. I loved your drawing of all the tiny details of your son as a baby.

The card is great isn't it? The joy of it is that I know my brother sent it to me because I really am not like my mother at all, praise the Lord.

8/18/2006 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home