Saturday, March 04, 2006

EDM - Draw something you collect


I don’t collect anything — I desperately try to declutter. However in this corner of the sitting room there are a few things that resemble collections. The pictures on the wall are a series of watercolours I painted of architectural details in a Victorian pumping station. At the bottom of the shelves there are a few pewter tankards that came with Robin when I married him and also as part of his dowry there are various jugs and bits of Staffordshire pottery at the top of the shelves. There’s also a stack of scented candles that I designed the packaging for.

Mouse over to see the picture before the colour was added.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shelly McC said...

great job, I love that colour change trick. Nice!

3/06/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

It is fun isn't it? Two pictures for the price of one.

3/06/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

That IS fun! I like seeing it before and after color is added. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at a drawing and debated about color ...
Wonderful collection of special things!

3/06/2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger u l a n said...

wow, this mouseover thing is way cool hahaha. i loved it when i viewed the before-color picture and saw the stitches of the notebook clearly. i like drawings that span the spread =)

and this is a pretty cool drawing.

ian (edm group)
http://ulan25.so-phobic.com/paperjournal

3/06/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I like your "collection" drawing!
Would you mind emailing me the html for the color-rolling trick? I have a drawing that I would like to do a before/after and post on my blog. Thanks so much!
Keep Creating!
deb

derskine@direcway.com

3/07/2006 1:34 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Ian Linda and Deb. I've emailed you Deb.

3/07/2006 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home