Friday, March 03, 2006


Blind contour drawing of some of the ingredients I am using to cook a lovely warming HOT lentil and vegetable curry for the family before the three eldest children go away for a fun weekend with the sea cadets.

To see the other participants in Blind Contour First Friday of the month go over to Inkfinger.


Anonymous niff said...

these don't look blind at all! i think your color really brought them all together so well. such warm delicous colors too.

nice job.

3/03/2006 5:39 PM  
Anonymous dave h said...

really nice colour... the texture is a great contrast to the contour

3/03/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Niff - without the colour (which wasn't blind) the line drawing definitely looks blind, but I'm too overworked to do the mouseover-and-you-can-see-my-unadorned-blind-contour trick. Thanks for visiting Niff and Dave.

3/03/2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

I love this BCF Julie - great colors!

3/04/2006 1:49 AM  
Blogger "Maggie" said...


This is beautiful! The colors so vibrant and I love the mixture of ingredients. Now if I could only taste the lentil and vegetable curry. My mouth is watering!

3/04/2006 4:56 AM  
Anonymous rachel said...

I wish I was coming to dinner!

The purple on the garlic skin reminds me of our dear colourblind/non-visual father when you were doing a watercolour of an onion years ago and he couldn't understand why you were mixing green paint.

Bless him!

3/04/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Outstanding blind contour.

3/07/2006 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home