Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Where’s my right hand?



I know, I know, the sketchbook within the sketchbook has been done by
much better artists. But so often at the end of the day I’m sitting with the family watching TV in exactly the same position as on previous evenings and I get a yen to draw but can’t be bothered to be anywhere but in my comfortable seat with my feet up. It gets difficult to ring the changes from the same viewpoint so I’m once again resorting to blatant copying. I should have done the job of copying better and remembered to somehow include my right hand.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, what are you saying?? "Much better artists??" I'm as big an admirer of Wally as the next person, but you are a WONDERFUL artist! And you know it. Or you should. You're the peer of anyone out here in blogworld. My opinion.

2/28/2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Laura, that's so kind of you – I really value your opinion. I feel like a bit of flibbertigibet – never having one recognisable style and I am ludicrously slow. But I am having fun!

3/01/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

OH -- I really like this,Julie!!! I think you're a FABULOUS artist -- and I learn so much by visiting your site!!

3/01/2006 3:02 PM  
Blogger no one said...

Very nice sketch, I love the variety of work on your site! but I do think that there is a common thread in all of your images, it can be very difficult to notice that in one's own work but it is obvious to those on the outside
great job!!

3/01/2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

Beautiful sketch and great perspective. I never tire of seeing ones bird's eye view.

3/02/2006 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home