Sunday, February 05, 2006

Technology meets knitting



I met my first real live fellow blogger in the flesh on Friday night. Glyn was wearing this super duper knitted waistcoat that his incredibly talented mother made for him. This original marketing technique made me look at his
website the very next day and it’s full of gems. He’s a poet, writer, publisher and promoter of wonderful films that would never have seen the light of day without him. However his website is a kind of eco-friendly free-range blind contour design so I can’t find the link for the poem that particularly moved me about how a couple need to share a sack of salt before they know each other. Do have a look around and see if you can find it, it would be lovely to show to someone that you’ve shared half a sack of salt with. He also has a rather good way of dealing with forgetting Valentine’s Day, if you should find yourself in that position. Oh and buy something, anything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sack of salt, my Grandma said

A pair should share before they're dead

Before either one can get to know

The other's way and what makes them so

Welcome salt and the bread of knowing

Can start a pair on the steps of growing

Though to finish the 60 kilos of a sack

Will take the sprinkling of a long steep track

So the gain of knowledge and the grit of tears

Come with grains, the flavour added through sharing years

So crystal visions and what books have said

As as nothing, to sharing the table and breaking bread

2/07/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you, thank you – now isn't that beautiful!

2/07/2006 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above poem of mine, and the story of my mother it was based on, my site
on the 'postcard' page which you can find if you use the 'Poems' button on my
nav bar. I would post a link but cannot on blogger, one reason I stopped using
this company.

The poem was written in 3 hours for my site to reach the minimum number of
poems for a poetry webring, because writing a new one was easier than finding
an old one and copying it out.

Also, thanks to the prompt of appearing on here, I have listed the poems on my
site on the 'Poems' page, and may index them if I do not forget.

Glyn Watkins

aka Bradwan

2/08/2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Glyn, thanks for clarifying where it is.

2/09/2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home