Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What we had for supper - kind of

This pathetic little scribble is all I can manage. In between bouts of mopping up gallons of chocolatey sick, I cooked fish for all the family apart from poor little Xavier who has had the most horrible bout of vomiting.
Oh the pressure, I haven’t thought about Illustration Friday, that masthead that’s past it’s sell by date is looking at me reproachfully and as for blind contour friday and the EDM challenges...


Blogger cream said...

Keep chipping away, Julie!
Looks good!

11/17/2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Ha, we're a chip free zone here. I love properly made home made chips once in while but I'd rather be calorie indulgent with perfect roast potatoes or that dish I forget the name of - very thinly sliced potatoes baked in cream with a touch of garlic in the oven.

11/17/2005 1:58 PM  
Blogger cream said...

Gratin Dauphinois!
I love it and I love real chips, too!

11/17/2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I think the fish is lovely - nice and free lines. But it looks sad to have been called a pathetic little sribble - what a name for a fish.

IF etc are there to encourage not condemn

11/17/2005 5:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Chocolatey sick doesn't sound good. I sure hope life has calmed down a bit since you posted and I hope your little X is feeling better.

11/17/2005 6:17 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I knew I could rely on you Cream to remind me.

Caroline - the pathetic little scribble, a freshwater fish that has rather a lot of bones but is nevertheless good to eat because of its firm flesh and delicate flavour - best simply seasoned, fried in butter and served with a wedge of lemon.

Laura - thanks for asking, X was a pale wan little chap today who didn't eat much, slept quite a bit, but thankfully had stopped puking, so I'm optimistic that he'll be fully recovered tomorrow.

11/17/2005 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home