Monday, October 03, 2005

Xavier's new phrase

At the mother and toddler group today. ‘Would you like to play with the bricks?’ , ‘I think not’. How about joining in with the singing? ’ , ‘I think not’. ‘ Wouldn’t you prefer orange squash?’ ‘I think not’.


Blogger Karen Winters said...

Somehow 'i think not' sounds so much more polite and grown up than "Noooooooooooo."
He has learned good manners even in his contrariness.

10/04/2005 12:07 AM  
Blogger christina said...

I love that you do quick figure sketches all the time. I'm so inspired. They are so accurate, and interesting to look at--capturing something of the movement that a photo just cant.

10/04/2005 2:03 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Karen, his endearing phrases make up for the times he throws major tantrums (the last one in the supermarket with a box of eggs).
Christina, people, particularly people I know are a magnet for me - I think it was looking through old photos and finding that the tasteful beautifully composed scenic shots were so much less interesting than a blurry snapshot of of a long dead relative. I'm just so glad that I've started drawing my family - I've missed too much time already.

10/04/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Alina Chau said...

nice drawings!!

10/04/2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Hello Alina. Thank you - I see you have some nice stuff on your blog.

10/04/2005 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home