Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Evening walk



I had to get out after being hunched over the computer completing the first late VAT return I’ve submitted in 17 years. I just forgot about it. I explained to the lady on the end of the phone that having a two year old at this stage in my life has completely thrown the life I was getting into some kind of order into total disarray. However apparently I don’t earn any brownie points for 17 years of good behaviour and if I do it again a couple more times I'll get fined – so HUGE note in diary for the next VAT return.

This will probably do for the EDM challenge of drawing in public – a few dogs, several horses and even one or two people did see me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

You just have to feel sorry for the VAT woman. She has a really horrible job - getting money out of people. Unlike you who brings joy to people with your wonderful work.

Rachel

10/26/2005 3:48 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Who wants to remember about VAT?
You definitely need an evening walk in the woods after signing the VAT cheque!

I have it noted on my Lotus diary on the 29th of the last month of the quarter just that they don't make a penny more in interest from my money.

10/26/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Rachel - you are sweet. To be fair to the VAT lady she did laugh and say I bet your toddler is a boy!

Cream - I used to be that organised - but when the toddler is crashing toy cars up and down on your keyboard as you try to fill in your computer calendar it can be a bit difficult to concentrate.

10/26/2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Julie, these are stunning! Did you draw them with brush and ink? I love them very much. So beautiful.
You inspire me to try a brush and ink drawing.....I worry about spilling the ink though.

10/26/2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Lindsay -that's very kind. I'd find carrying a bottle of ink difficult while walking the dog, but I have Karen Winters to thank for telling us about brush pens on her blog. Basically it's an ink pen with replaceable cartridges with a brush rather than a nib. The white is a pen I bought to whiten up the grouting on the bathroom tiles!

10/26/2005 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are lovely - the colours are so autumnal and wistful. Yum.

10/28/2005 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home