Friday, June 24, 2005

My first go with 'Painter'


Vitriolica (one of my favourite bloggers - look at her blogspot she's talented and hilarious) has inspired me to have a go with Painter. I've always preferred either real paint or more obviously digital software. However I love her work, and it is rather wonderful that you can get the natural effects without hauling out all the kit (with the added problem that the toddler is going to insist on joining in). I just drew these vases because they were the most attractive thing to hand.

4 Comments:

Blogger isay said...

beautiful! you are inspiring me to draw everyday.... my husband gave me a tablet last christmas but i only used it once. have to practice soon!

how can i bookmark vitriolicas's blogspot?

6/24/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you Isay. I only recently got into using my tablet I had one for years that I hardly ever used. Using ArtRage made me realise that I can spontaneously produce something without having to lay out the materials, keep the toddler away and clean up afterwards.

To bookmark, just click on the link where it says blogspot and when the page comes up choose 'add to favourites' or 'bookmark this page' from the menu bar in whichever browser you're using.

6/25/2005 12:12 AM  
Blogger isay said...

hello again!

....i did that last night but it won't save to my favorites and it would return to your site everytime-i realized today that i have changed my internet format.

by the way, is it alright to include you in my inspiring links?

6/25/2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

*blush* I'm flattered, do feel free to link to me

6/25/2005 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home