Thursday, June 02, 2005

Amy repeat pattern


I'm still very interested in 'ambigrams' (the term coined for a word that reads correctly when inverted, flipped or rotated) and this repeat pattern is the result of a little scribble in my sketch book. Obviously 'Amy' is a very easy name to work with and a good one to achieve pleasing results with.
The pattern reminds me of some curtains my mother had when I was a baby at the end of the fifties. They were black with orange and yellow map outlines on them - I imagine I spent hours lying in my cot staring at the curtains fluttering in an african breeze, which would explain how the pattern is branded onto my visual memories.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Now, I'm not partial to the subject or anything...but I like it. It would make an interesting quilt pattern too.

6/17/2005 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home