Friday, May 13, 2005

Wax crayon challenge



I was at the Rudolf Steiner mother and toddler group this morning watching Xavier draw with the truly awful brick-shaped wax crayons they always have there (which presumably for some 'Steiner' reason only ever come in red, blue and yellow).

I've disliked wax crayons since at the age of four my schoolteacher habitually handed us out one crayon each of any random colour. One day I drew what I thought was a magnificent rendition of a horse's head but was eternally disappointed that my drawing was in blue crayon rather than black.

Today I thought I'd confront my demons and see what was the best I could do with the available materials. It was an interesting exercise, but I won't be raiding Xavier's artbox for the wax crayons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home